The road to smarter driving
The aim of the Foot-LITE project is to create a revolutionary driver information system designed to educate and encourage safer and greener driving and longer term behavioural changes.
Why use Foot-LITE?
- Foot-LITE is based upon the IAM's advanced driving guidelines. Its driving technique has been proven to combine high levels of safety and “eco-driving”.
- Foot-LITE can be used with an existing smartphone. The smartphone used for the initial implementation and trials is available for free on some tariffs.
- The smartphone, the vehicle and the on-board camera are integrated via wireless links so the Foot-LITE system is easily retro-fitted.
- The on-board user interface can be personalised and is designed to maximise effectiveness and minimise distraction.
- Foot-LITE can operate in most modern cars.
- Foot-LITE could be expanded for use in other vehicle types.
- Foot-LITE offers user-friendly linking of information (e.g. scheduling of refuelling stops based on impact on fuel economy).